002 - Christopher Hunt2021-01-05
James chats with Christopher Hunt to discuss programming languages, the cost of software abstraction, Bluetooth, and state machines.
Originally Recorded on 2020-12-23.
- Social Media
- BASIC Language
- TRS-80 Computer
- 6502 Processor
- Java Virtual Machine - JVM
- Scala programming language
- Spring Company
- Lightbend company
- Akka concurrency toolkit
- Heap and Stack memory
- Garbage Collection
- Boost Libraries
- Memory Leaks
- CORBA Architecture
- Sun RPC
- Instagram removing Python GC
- Reference Counting
- @withoutboats on 'A smaller Rust', and 'Revisiting a smaller Rust'
- Pareto principle - or, the 80/20 rule
- PalmPilot PDA
- Memory leaks and missiles
- Tail call or Tail Recursion
- Family Tree of Programming Languages
- Functional Safety and IEC 61508
- Type States in Embedded Rust
- Hardware in the Loop testing for embedded systems
- Nordic Semiconductor, the nrfx sdk, and their support forum
- Finite State Machines and Hierarchical (or UML) State Machines
cbindgen- tools for easier FFI with Rust
- The RTIC Concurrency Framework for embedded systems
- The "Jones Trick"
- Serde serialization framework, and the Nom parser combinator library
- James' talk on Serde and message serialization
- ZephyrOS - a Real Time OS for embedded systems
- ContikiOS - a lightweight RTOS
- James' opinions on RTOSs as an X-Y problem
nrf-softdevicecrate, built by @dirbaio at Akiles and the
embassyembedded async project
- Jonas' Rubble bluetooth protocol stack
- The rust-embedded Matrix Room
- The Matrix chat protocol
Transcript not made yet.
Thanks to Louie Zong for the music.