Interfacing with Rust - Playing nice with others2016-08-04
One of my goals for this month is working in rust every day. One thing that I am interested in is getting Rust talking with other languages. Having this knowledge will help me interface with existing libraries, rewrite tools in Rust, and hopefully learn a little along the way.
So far I have the following goals, in no particular order:
- C calling Rust (statically linked)
- Rust calling C (statically linked)
- C calling Rust (dynamically linked)
- Rust calling C (dynamically linked)
- Python calling Rust (dynamically linked)
None of this is particularly new, and there are lots of guides out there for how to do this, however I wanted to document my learning process.
You can track my progress (now and later) on my GitHub repo here